“Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”
-Anthony J. D’Angelo
I’m so grateful to Julie for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I haven’t even been at this for two weeks yet and already she’s made me feel so welcome in the blogging community. Check out her blog, In the Wild Los Angeles, where she talks about her travels, DIY, food, and much more! She is participating in the 21 Weeks of Travel Blogging Challenge with Winta and Vikki, as am I and many others. Please join us in this! Also, I just realized from scrolling through her previous posts that Julie does a hike every week and blogs about it, which I think is really cool!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How it works:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What benefits have you experienced from blogging?
So far, I just enjoy posting things about my travels and getting my thoughts out of my head and onto a platform where others can read it. It’s been very therapeutic.
2. How long have you been blogging?
Just under two weeks. I’m a baby, I know.
3. What country do you hail from?
I’m born and raised in the U.S., but I’d like to live in as many countries as I can before I die.
4. What is your ideal weather?
I love the rain. Love it. I’m really into bad weather; I could sit and watch a tornado and be awed by it (as long as no one is getting hurt in the process). However, this impedes my sunny baseball weather. I love baseball more than I love rain, so I’m conflicted.
5. What is the last book you read?
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. It was probably one of my top three favorite novels I’ve ever read. If you haven’t already seen it, I do a ‘book review’ every Sunday of books I have recently read. The Nightingale will be on there in a couple weeks. I’m currently reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.
6. What do you do when you are not blogging?
Considering I’m not taking summer classes, I have too much time on my hands. I work full time as a nanny and then when I get home I read and work on my blog. On the weekends, I hang out with friends and family. I’m also in the process of learning Spanish, so I listen to those podcasts anytime I’m in the car and every night before bed.
7. What things are you most grateful for in your life?
My little sister and my dad. If you’ve read some of my previous posts, you’ve noticed that I’ve mentioned them both. They are my entire world; I’d be so lost without them. I don’t think I could ever love someone more than I love them.
8. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
I wish it was an interesting story, but it’s not. I came up with it in the span of five minutes. I knew I wanted it to be unique, but I definitely didn’t expect it to be in a different language. I started looking up synonyms for ‘travel’ and similar words, and I stumbled upon ‘trouvaille’, which means ‘a lucky find’ in French. But the site trouvaille.com wasn’t available, so I had to add something to it. I knew ‘mon cher’ meant ‘my dear’ in French from books I’ve read, specifically The Nightingale. I put it all together, and now I have ‘Trouvaille, Mon Cher’, which means ‘A Lucky Find, My Dear’.
9. Name one place you would go to if you won one free plane ticket.
Ahh, there are too many to choose from! I want to go literally everywhere. But I guess if I have to choose, I’ll say Jordan. There is so much culture and so many things for me to learn there. I used to have a Muslim coworker who is from Jordan and she talked to me every day about how beautiful her home country was. I loved hearing her stories; she inspired me to go there some day. But the plane tickets are a good $5,000, so I don’t see that in my near future.
10. What is your favorite dish?
Bean burritos with beans and rice! Mexican is my favorite food, so I was extremely excited to go to Cozumel last month. However, when I tried the food I realized that I don’t actually like authentic Mexican. I should’ve known that because I’m from Texas and all we have is Tex-Mex. I was so upset; I felt like my whole life had been a lie.
11. It’s called Sunshine Blogger Award after all-what brings sunshine to your life?
Traveling. I have such a huge passion to see every city in the world and there is no greater joy than checking one more off the list. I love everything about traveling-the planning, organizing, buying, flying, not sleeping, walking until I get blisters, taking pictures, learning new things from new cultures, exploring. It all brings a blinding amount of sunshine to my life.
1. Tell us about yourself and your blog.
2. What’s your favorite place you’ve traveled to and why?
3. How many countries have you visited and what are they?
4. What languages do you speak?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. If you could travel anywhere you haven’t been, where would it be?
7. What brings you joy?
8. What are your goals for the next year?
9. What is your proudest achievement?
10. What’s your funniest travel story?
11. If you had to live in a different country than you do right now, where would it be?
I look forward to reading your responses in your own Sunshine Blogger Award post. Good luck and congratulations!